Unipolbrit Komputer 2086
Were produced in Poland by PHZ "Pobrit" and probably
GZE "Unimor" (so "Uni" is not from "United States").
Comparing to Timex Computer 2068, the
buzzer is removed and audio+video connector is mounted
on rear side in place of video chinch slot.
Some units have build-in printer interface called
"Centromix" or "Centronix" in annoucements. It was made
with 8255 PIO and DB15 male slot, that replaced right hand
Only port PB and PC0, PC1, PC4, PC5 from port PC are used.
Below is the male slot described.
The 8255 PIO appars in ports #3B (PA - not used),
#7B (PB - data port), #BB (PC - control port) and
#FB (RS - 8255 mode). One half of PC is had to be configured
as input, the second as output. It is still not clear
how the PC was used.
The interface seems to be similar to the PB-3
interface, see below.
Files for download
- klawiatura.jpg 601.9kB (2004-11-27 17:37), uploaded by Mirek
- Some models have had such keyboards. It replaced the usual one.
- uk2086view1.jpg 93.5kB (2004-07-14 03:33)
- Yarek's one inside look, before removing the 8255.
- hpim0200.jpg 91.9kB (2004-06-10 12:51)
- Zoom to small board 2.
- hpim0199.jpg 95.9kB (2004-06-10 12:51)
- Zoom to small board 1.
- 2086-2.jpg 118.4kB (2004-06-09 22:21)
- The extra board with 8255 PIO, view 2.
- 2086-1.jpg 121.6kB (2004-06-09 22:21)
- The extra board with 8255 PIO, view 1.
- roms.zip 29.5kB (2001-04-09 23:38)
- ROMS of UK2086, readed by Yarek.
Links to other pages
- Vintage Home Computers, short description and some photos.
- [pl] KupaZlomu, short description.
- Timex Computer 2068
- Timex Computer 2068.
- Timex Computer 2068 upgrades
- Timex Computer 2068 upgrades.
- Polbrit PB-3 interface.
- Dock bank : Timex
- The 64kB memory bank known from Timex computers. Timex memory map.