Hardware ideas and abstracted documentation, without
For extra hardware in a form that can be connected please
see Interfaces and
Items in this section
- 8255 (I/O)
- Most popular parallel interfaces based on 8255 PPI. Hardware type, port addresses, slot type, description of options.
- CompactFlash (Buses)
- Description how the CompactFlash looks and works.
- IDE (Buses)
- List of IDE interfaces (multiplexers) for 8bit computers. Review of solutions.
- Joystick (ZX Spectrum)
- Kempston Joystick is the most popular and the best way to connect joystick to ZX Spectrum.
- Mouse (ZX Spectrum)
- Mouse interface for ZX Spectrum. Kempston Mouse, AMX Mouse, GEOS mouse, Amiga mouse, PC mouse.
- Parallel (ZX Spectrum)
- Parallel interface for ZX Spectrum and clones - overview of various types.
- YABUS (Buses)
- Description and documentation for YABUS slots and YAMOD modules.
- more RAM (CPC)
- Memory cards and interfaces for Amstrad (Schneider) CPC. dk'Tronics Silicon Disk.
- more ROM (CPC)
- Extra memory that behaves like ROM banks. If SRAM with battery backup or EEPROM are used, the contents can be software changed.