Here are links to descriptions of hardware modules that
everyone can connect without a technical knowledge and abilities.
For extra hardware that requires some technical skills,
see also Upgrade section.
Simple upgrades for computers are also in
Items in this section
- AC-DOS (ZX Spectrum)
- AC-DOS interface by PZ "APINA" (Poland). Similar to Beta Disk (TR-DOS) and probably compatibile to Hungarian Demak interface.
- ATBUS (YAMOD)
- The fastest 8bit universal IDE multiplexer for YABUS. Includes RTC type DS 1287, DS 12887 or MC 146818.
- AYLPT (YAMOD)
- AY-3-8910 sound board (ZX Spectrum 128K and Timex 2068 compatibility) with printer slot and IIC magistral.
- Atom (Sam Coupé)
- Internal Atom IDE interface for Sam, replaces second floppy drive. Wroks with B-DOS, CPM22QED and ZXVGS.
- BEU (Timex)
- Never released expansion for Timex Sinclair 2068 (kind of Plug&Play). Articles by Wes Brzozowski -- analysis how the BEU would work if were finished, from scatterd informations.
- CA80 (ZX Spectrum)
- For cooperation with CA80 computer / controller.
- CPCISA (CPC)
- ISA cards can be connected to CPC with CPCISA board or CPCISA bridge to PC/AT motherboard. Support for IDE, serial mouse and Sound Blaster.
- Cartridge (Timex)
- Some Timex models provided slot for cartridges.
- EPROG (YAMOD)
- Very simple and cheap EPROM programmer. Based on 8255, can program up to 1MB.
- FD-68 (Timex)
- Floppy disk interface with memory upgrade by Aerco.
- FDC765A (YAMOD)
- The FDC interface, compatibile to ZX Spectrum +3 or YABUS.ZXISA.
- FDD (Sam Coupé)
- Floppy disk controller for Sam.
- GeneralSound (ZX Spectrum)
- Sound card for ZX Spectrum, compatibile to Amiga at D/A converter.
- HDD (Apple)
- Harddisk for Apple.
- Hacker (CPC)
- Le Hacker (HACK-IT) interface.
- IDE (PC)
- Interface IDE in PC. IDE description and commands. Tools for harddisks. Changing password - atapwd.
- IDE KMK/J¯ (Atari)
- IDE interface for Atari 8bit, called KMK / J¯ from authors names, includes own memory with BIOS and is faster than SIO2IDE.
- IDE8255 (YAMOD)
- Quite fast IDE multiplexer made from 8255 PIO.
- IECATA (Commodore)
- IDE harddisk or CompactFlash can be used as a Commodore IEC device.
- Interface 1 (ZX Spectrum)
- Controls Microdrive, simple RS232, brodcast network 87.5kbps, has 8kB extra ROM.
- Interface 1 Bis (ZX Spectrum)
- Interface 1 replacer - IDE, Kemston Joystick, parallel printer (LapLink), 512kB SRAM - by Dan Antochi.
- Interface 2 (ZX Spectrum)
- Sinclair joysticks and ROM cartridges.
- KJOY (YAMOD)
- Kempston Joystick for YABUS.
- LPT (PC)
- LPT interface in PC.
- Larken (Timex)
- Floppy controller and ramdisk.
- MB-02 (ZX Spectrum)
- [no description available for interface/zx.mb-02/]
- Macface (ZX Spectrum)
- NMI support interface with 16kB RAM - snapshots, debugger.
- MyIDE (Atari)
- Simple 8bit IDE interface for Atari.
- NMI (ZX Spectrum)
- Interfaces used to stop the program and save it to tape (with turbo speed).
- PB-3 (ZX Spectrum)
- Polbrit PB-3 interface.
- PL3MEM (ZX Spectrum)
- External box for ZX Spectrum with 128kB EPROM, 32kB SRAM in ZX+3 switching and 16b IDE interface.
- POLBASIC (ZX Spectrum)
- ROM replacement (Polish commands) with kind of NMI communication.
- Packet Radio (ZX Spectrum)
- Hardware and software for Packet Radio.
- Plus D (ZX Spectrum)
- Plus D (+D) interface by MGT.
- Printer (ZX Spectrum)
- Details about ZX Priner and Timex Printer 2040.
- RTC (Sam Coupé)
- 3 solutions are available. The original one (Sambus), Dallas one in Edvins' configuration or YAMOD.ATBUS.
- SIO2IDE (Atari)
- Serial IDE interface for Atari 8bit, compatibile with SIO. Has own microcontroller.
- Samtrum (Sam Coupé)
- External 4MB extension with ZX128 hardware emulation option.
- Split (ZX Spectrum)
- You can build bus splitters and through interfaces with this.
- Timex M-397 (ZX Spectrum)
- Part of Timex Disk System. Runs TOS A.2, CP/M 2.2, CPM22QED and ZXVGS operating systems.
- YABUS.SAM (Sam Coupé)
- Two YABUS slots for Sam Coupé.
- YABUS.ZX (ZX Spectrum)
- Two YABUS slots for ZX Spectrum computers.
- YABUS.ZXISA (ZX Spectrum)
- ISA slots for ZX Spectrum (I/O mapped). LPT, 2×RS232, Floppy Disk Controller and sound card.
- YABUS.ZXMEM (ZX Spectrum)
- Very first idea to upgrade ZX Spectrum with YABUS and some memory. Not finished and not build.
- ZX1541 (ZX81)
- Commodore 1541 disk interface for ZX81.
- ZX96 (ZX81)
- AT keyboard interface for ZX81 by Kai Fisher.
- ZXINPUT (YAMOD)
- Universal PC AT keyboard and serial mouse interface.