Support for ISA cards.
About the drivers (contained in the ISA-ROM v0.3)...
- The CPCISA v2.1 firmware is completed. It accomplishes all the job
for selecting mapping (port or RAM page mapping, ISA window, etc.) and
configuring interrupts (IRQ) for the ISA drivers. By the way, any new
version on the CPCISA Card (even with different mapping modes) will
be supported by the ISA drivers without the need of rewritting them.
- The serial/ps2 mouse driver is working for years (it uses interrupts
- The Soundblaster OPL module driver works (it can play SADT2 musics
for example) but is not finished.
- The Soundblaster sampling module works (in 8 bits mode only, 16 bits
mode needs DMA capabilities) but is not included in the current ISA-
- The IDE Driver is working in non-interrupt mode and supports LBA. We
need to improve it, the current version was just a try. The CPCISA
Card doesn't have DMA capabilities so the driver max transfert rate is
about 100kb/sec (using the wonderfull RAM page mapping mode of the
CPCISA). Some tries with the atapi commands worked too (we can pilot
a CDROM for playing CDDA).
- Ethernet driver is planed.
CPCISA by Yarek
I'm going to make CPCISA compatibile bridge interface that will connect
standard PC AT 286/386SX motherboard to CPC. (I will try to test also 386DX,
486 and higher but I cannot guarantee they will be useful.) Please
collect the motherboards and ISA cards and be patient a bit.
Files for download
- isa4.zip 1.2kB (2002-09-16 17:19)
- Drivers ROM 2.0?
Links to other pages
- [fr,en] Overall description of CPCISA by Siou (Laurent Massicot).
- Multi I/O ISA card
- Multi I/O ISA cards. Parallel interface (LPT), serial interface (COM), floppy drive controller (FDC).