YAMOD.ATBUS is an IDE (also known as AT-BUS and ATA) multiplexer.
Universal 8bit IDE interface
Access to harddisks and CDD.
Access to ZIP drives and Compact Flash Cards.
Generation of periodical interrupts (e.g for Timex FDD 3000).
Real time clock.
The board contains a muliplexer from 8-bit magistral of CPU to 16-bit
magistral of IDE (ATA).
Only PIO-0 mode is available.
The disk is available in ports #B0..#B7, #BE, #BF.
To read data from and write data to IDE device the DMA can be used
(bytes are readed and written in correct order).
The board can contain (as option) the real time clock (RTC) type
DS 1287, DS 12887 or MC 146818 (battery backup includes also quartz
generator). The RTC has 51 or 115 bytes of data.
The RTC is available in ports #BA (address) and #BB (data).
The RTC can generate periodical interrupt with programmable interval.
The board is inserted into free YABUS slot.
The IDE drives are connected with 40 wires flat cable.
Battery is connected with wires to battery slot
(only for MC 146818).
The YAMOD.ATBUS can be rewired to simulate other IDE multiplexers:
the one connected to MB-02, Interface 1 Bis, DivIDE. Simulation of
ZX128IDE by Pera Putnik needs more changes to reverse bytes while
writing. Simulation of IDE interface compatibile to CPCIDE needs more
advanced changes (in port addresses).
Files for download
- info-pl.txt 4.2kB (2005-06-10 11:46)
- [pl] Project information.
- info-en.txt 4.6kB (2005-06-10 11:46)
- [en] Project information.
- atbus.txt 9.1kB (2005-06-10 11:52)
- [pl] Fresh v011 description.
- build.txt 2.5kB (2004-11-07 13:36)
- Problems you can find building YAMOD.ATBUS.
- v011.jpg 79.1kB (2004-09-12 20:43)
- View of build YAMOD.ATBUS v011.
- atbus-011.zip 85.6kB (2004-06-29 13:18), uploaded by Yarek
- Data files v011 for Eagle. Some cosmetical corrections, e.g. IDE slot is in the middle.
- v004.jpg 67.8kB (2002-10-29 15:05)
- Board view v004.
- 1997-pl.txt 2.8kB (1998-12-31 03:41)
- [pl] First description from 1997.
Links to other pages
- YABUS - universal 8-bit magistral
- Description and documentation for YABUS slots and YAMOD modules.
- Two YABUS slots for Sam Coupé.
- Two YABUS slots for Timex FDD 3000 with memory extension (4MB RAM).
- Two YABUS slots for ZX Spectrum computers.
- QDISK is a IDEDOS partition software for many platforms. Also can convert B-DOS RECORDs.
- Low level floppy and hard disk drivers for Z80.
- IDEDOS partitions on HDD
- Flexible and powerful hard disk partitioning system. Partitions for CP/M, floppy diskimages, boot files, movies.