YAMOD.EPROG - EPROM programmer
Is very simple and cheap EPROM programmer. Is dedicated
for those, who need to program memory several times a year
(system upgrade, exchanging files in romdisk, error while
The design is based on REDEX EPROM programmer.
The original construction used other port addresses, 4bit latch
and could program only 24pin and 28pin memories.
- Programming and reading EPROM from 4kB to 1MB.
- Programming and reading batery backuped SRAM.
- Programming and reading EEPROM with serial interfaces.
- Programming the 8051 (8751, 8951) microcontrollers.
- Programming the EPROM simulator.
- Testing logic chips.
- Double direction comunication with PC, using hardware ECP
- Access to IDE harddisk (IDE multiplexer).
- The board has the 8255 chip, an 8bit control port, 32pin
sokcet for memory and 34pin slot for adapters.
- Some memory chips can be connected without an adapter.
In this case the onboard jumpers must be set properly!
- Adapter kinds:
- sockets for EPROM (separate for different types),
- socket for 8751 microcontrollers,
- EPROM simulator,
- logic chip tester,
- ECP compatibile interface.
- The adapters have 3 possibilities to connect to the
YAMOD.EPROG, that differs in slot used. Each excludes
the other ones.
- Long pins to plug into ZIF 32pin socket (also usable
in other programmers).
- Female slot connected directly to 34pin slot on
- Male slot to connect a flat cable, connected to 34pin
male slot on YAMOD.EPROG.
As the 32pin memory slot you can use a bit expensive ZIF
socket (Zero Insertion Force) or the precise socket. My
recommendation are two 16pin female pinslats. Then you can
solder the ZIF or precise socket to two male pinslats and
plug them when neccessary.
So you can start with precise socket and buy the ZIF socket
in case of need to program more memories.
Files for download
- eprog2.jpg 74.9kB (2004-07-12 13:50)
- Second prototype board (v001) with 32 pin slot for socket adapter insetion.
- eprog1.jpg 78.4kB (2002-01-23 18:13)
- First prototype board with 28pin precise socket.
Links to other pages