DSKHNDLR disk drivers
The DISKHNDLR is a block device driver for Z80 CPU. There are drivers for:
- floppy disk controllers (#60 - 765A, #70 - WD177X, WD197X):
- YAMOD.FDC765A (also Multi I/O ISA card in YABUS ports);
- Beta 128 interface for ZX Spectrum (also build-in in Pentagon);
- MB-02 interface for ZX Spectrum (doesn't use DMA),
- ZX Spectrum +3 build-in controller,
- Plus D interface for ZX Spectrum,
- Sam Coupe,
- Spectravideo 738 X'PRESS (MSX),
- Timex FDD 3000,
- harddisk controllers (#A0 - master, #B0 - slave):
- YAMOD.ATBUS IDE module for YABUS,
- ZXATASP interface for ZX Spectrum,
- ZXIDE128 interface for ZX Spectrum (Pera Putnik),
- ATOM interface for Sam Coupé,
- IDE8255 interface (8255 that reads IDE in MODE 1),
- SMUC controller for ZS Scorpion,
- ramdisk (#00):
- not included here as are very machine and software configuration dependent.
In this version of IDE drivers are available three new functions: fast sector reading (#07), factory data reading (#08) and setting geometry (#09). These functions will changed in version #A004 to more flexible control.
In next DSKHNDLR versions (#A004+) ATAPI (for CD-ROM) commands will be supported. For this purpose, all IDE drivers are renamed to start from "IDE" ("IDEATBUS", "IDEATOM", "IDEZX128"). Non-IDE harddisk drivers (e.g. ST412/506, XT-BUS, SCSI, CompactFlash in memory mode) and IDE in 8bit mode (simpe IDE), are not allowed to use "IDE" signature.
New functions are planned for IDE drivers:
- read IDE registers to ABCEDEHL,
- write IDE registers from BCDEHL (except command and data),
- read data buffer,
- write data buffer,
- execute command,
- creation of code for fast sector reading.
Files for download
- dh3.zip 10.4kB (2005-09-14 01:48)
- Version #03 (not all yet available) with new HDD functions: fast sector reading, parameters reading, geometry setting .
- dskhndlr.zip 37.9kB (2004-04-22 13:08)
- Version #02 set of DSKHNDLR disk drivers. Included programming guide.
Links to other pages
- QDISK is a IDEDOS partition software for many platforms. Also can convert B-DOS RECORDs.