CPM22QED operating system
CPM22QED is an operating system for Z80 computers, compatibile to CP/M 2.2 and partly to CP/M Plus. CPM22QED has versions for several machines and is fully comatibile on them. Provides also support for harddisks and IDEDOS partitions.
Releases 0.xx are dedicated for computers with 64kB RAM, while
1.xx ones for computers with more memory - where also harddisks are
- SAM - MGT Sam Coupé,
- TMX - Timex FDD 3/3000 with Timex 2048/2068 as terminal,
- YTF - Timex FDD upgraded with YABUS.TF(3) terminal as in TMX,
- SVI - Spectravideo 738 X'Press (SVI),
- UPB - Timex 2068 with extra memory and disk interface,
- MB2 - ZX Spectrum 128kB with MB-02,
- SCO - ZX Scorpion - in progress,
- PL3 - ZX Spectrum +3 - in plans,
- CPC - Amstrad CPC 6128 - in plans.
- 60160 bytes (58.75kB) of memory for the programs (releases 1.xx),
- booting from one disk (versions SAM and TMX),
- system is stored as oridinary file on disk,
- improved disks driving:
- XDPB tables similar to Amstrad CP/M Plus,
- one or two floppy drives (or 4 in TMX version),
- disk structure (XDPB) can be redefined with QMOUNT.COM program,
- floppy disks can have sectors size from 256B to 1kB,
- automatic logical structure recognition (SAM, TMX),
- ramdisk in wersions 1.xx - drive M: (also N: in SAM - up to 4MB),
- harddisk driving in versions 1.xx (MB2, SAM, UPB, YTF, SCO),
- IDEDOS structures for partitions on harddisks,
- disk tables (DPH, DPB, CHK, ALV) allocated dinamicly
basing on sizes defined in DPB table (both for floppy
drives and harddisk partitions),
- dedicated design of floppy disk formats:
- accidentally writing by other operating system (e.g. MSXDOS, SAMDOS)
is almost impossible,
- disk capacity is better used (210, 420, 410, 820 and 1640kB),
- no reserved tracks for system,
- a possibility to boot several computers from one disk (e.g. SVI and SAM),
- text terminal:
- 24 rows, 80 columns,
- 224 defineable characters in 6×8 matrix (3×8 for ZX Spectrum),
- semigraphic frames as in CP/M Plus,
- Polish diacritical in AmigaPL, beside this ISO-8859-1,
- recognized control codes of VT-52, Heath H89, Zenith z-19 terminals,
- preparation to use 8 separate display streams,
- preparation to text windows,
- keyboard buffer (32 characters),
- 6 possible shift modes - a possibility to define 6*58=348 keys,
- a key can return single byte or a string separately in each shift mode,
- common programs:
- QFORMAT.COM - to format floppy disks,
- QMOUNT.COM - to change disk format definitions (XDPB),
- QSYS.COM - to activate bootsectors,
- QSETUP.COM - to redefine keyboard, default configuration and
change modules - in progress,
- improved system modules:
- ZCPR1 in place of CCP - extra and improved commands,
- SUPERDOS in place of BDOS - better error description,
- keeping dynamic modules (CCP and BDOS) in spare RAM buffer,
- terminal code common to all versions,
- disk driving code common to all versions,
- standardised modules for low level disk driving (DSKHNDLR).
Files for download
- keyb.zip 2.9kB (2004-11-11 00:03)
- Keyboard definitions. Description and current files.
Links to other pages
- [pl] Abstracted description of CP/M 2.2 operating system.
- CPM22QED for Sam Coupé
- CP/M 2.2 compatibile system for Sam Coupé. Supports Atom, YAMOD.IDE8255 and YAMOD.ATBUS.
- CPM22QED for Spectravideo 738 X'Press (S
- CP/M 2.2 compatibile system for Spectravideo 738 X'Press.
- CPM22QED TMX
- CP/M 2.2 compatibile system for Timex FDD computers.
- CPM22QED UPB
- CP/M 2.2 compatibile system for Timex 2068 computers with extra RAM and disk interface. Supports YAMOD.IDE8255 and YAMOD.ATBUS.