Timex Operating System
The "A" comes from interface code, while "2" is send
by Timex FDD 3000 part of software.
The TOS Q.2 is dedicated for upgraded Timex FDD 3/3000.
Interrupts from the floppy controller are no more used,
so the ones from RS232 can be connected.
However, present set of TOS Q.2 patches has no support
for interrupt driven RS232.
The source for Timex Interface M-397 has assemblation
options and archive includes also ready ROM images:
- Both #CF and #5F mask. There are two interface types, one uses bits 76xx3210, second - x6x43210.
- The #DF mask - can work on both hardware types as long
as the unused bit (4 or 7) is zeroed in the input buffer
- ZX Spectrum or Timex 2068 ROM dedicated code. Timex 2068 ROM has different addresses of some procedures.
- ZX Spectrum 128kB support patch - ROM bank selection -
press <0> (zero) while reset to enter ZX128 mode
(menu, screen editor) with TOS. However, the BASIC128 may sometimes reset, probably because the TOS uses 23728 address for error codes.
- ZX Spectrum +3 support patch - ROM bank selection. In ZX+3 the ROM3 must be selected, what requires one OUT more.
NEXT * syntax. In original TOS it has no function, due to error in syntax table.
Files for download
- tos_bez_tajemnic.html 72.4kB (2010-04-21 14:14)
- [pl] "TOS without secrects", five parts published in Bajtek.
- toolsdsk.zip 261.0kB (2005-07-14 06:19)
- Tools software (coding, grapshics, compression and music) for TOS A.2 in MV-CPC DSK diskimage files 160kB.
- toolstap.zip 202.5kB (2005-06-24 07:03)
- Tools software (coding, grapshics, compression and music) for TOS A.2 in TAP files (need to be converted).
- 80-utils.zip 32.5kB (2005-02-12 14:07)
- Tools set that resides in ramdisk. Files can be added to diskimage with QTRANS.EXE.
- 80utilsdsk.zip 46.8kB (2005-02-12 02:17), uploaded by Pyza
- TOS A.2 resident tools set. Write the image to disk using CPDWRITE.EXE.
- 80utilstap.zip 31.9kB (2005-02-11 22:53), uploaded by Pyza
- TOS A.2 resident tools set. To use them you need to have the START program (included).
- tosa2035.zip 92.9kB (2004-08-12 12:45)
- Sources of TOS A.2 and TOS Q.2 with known patches.
- tosdos.zip 22.3kB (2002-10-01 20:34)
- [pl] Tool for PC that exchanges files with TOS A.2 and TOS A.4 disks (only 144/168kB). Makes .TAP file or removes file headers.
Links to other pages
- [pl] Short TOS A.2 descripion. Copying software from PC to Spectrum.
- [pl] TOS A.2 - command index and detailed description.
- Timex FDD 3
- Timex FDD 3. The computer with floppy disk drives in Timex Disk System set.
- Timex FDD 3000
- Timex FDD 3000. The computer with floppy disk drives in Timex Disk System set.
- TI-of-TTL - Timex Interface M-397
- Interface compatibile to Timex Interface M-397 and upgradeable to 128kB ROM, 8kB RAM and ZXVGS. Project from years 1997-2000, upgraded in 2004 and 2005 - Jarek Adamski.
- Two YABUS slots for Timex FDD 3000 with memory extension (4MB RAM).
- 4MB RAM extension for Timex FDD 3 with YABUS support.
- TOS A.4
- TOS A.2 improved by WiseMan, 160kB, utilities in ramdisk...
- ZXVGS TMX
- ZXVGS for Timex FDD 3000 and Timex Interface M-397 (TI-of-TTL). Can use also PC as cable server.