TOS A.2 upgraded by Wise Man.
TOS A.4 is booted from one disk, then resides in memory
(no need to load overlays). Binary files are read to ZX
Spectrum, then uploaded into Timex FDD memory. In Timex FDD
memory reside also some utilities, dedicated mostly for
Without the system data and two more tracks, disks are
enlarged to 168kB (164kB for files data). The 168kB disks
and 144kB disks are recognized automaticly. However, there
were rumors the TOS A.4 has problems with the 640kB disks,
but this isn't sure.
To read and write TOS diskimages you can use CPDREAD.EXE,
CPDWRITE.EXE and CPCTRANS.EXE (with "/F 9" option).
QTRANS.EXE can be used to extract and add files from and to
TOS diskimages. QTRANS.EXE adds default extensions to files
without them (".BA2", ".CZX", ".DZX"). The header of files is
converted to 9 byte one (Microdrive compatibile), except
".SCR" and ".ROM" files that are extracted without header.
While creating TOS diskimage you can use following Virtual
Disks: "TOSA2/", "TOSA2D/", "TOSA4/", "TOSA4D/" for 144kB,
624kB, 168kB and 656kB disk size, respectively. The "TOS/"
Virtual Disk can be only used for existing diskimages. Example
QTRANS.EXE usage is below:
QTRANS x DSKIMAGE.DSK/MV-CPC/TOS/ ALLFILES/
QTRANS a NEWIMAGE.DSK/EXTENDED/TOSA2D/ GAMES/
Files for download
- diskimgs.zip 99.4kB (2005-02-06 14:39)
- Images of bootabe disks with TOS A.4 and TOS Q.4.
- tosq4f.zip 46.3kB (2004-08-28 13:23), uploaded by Yarek
- TOS Q.4 is TOS A.4 patched to work without FDC interrupts, like TOS Q.2. Files to copy on TOS A.2 disk.
- tosa4f.zip 46.3kB (2001-02-25 18:51)
- Executable files of TOS A.4.
- TOS A.2
- Timex Operating System A.2 for Timex FDD 3/3000.
- Manages Disk Objects - disk drives, diskimages, files on them, partiton tables, etc. Creates, removes, copies, renames anything you want.