YABUS.TF3 is new top board for Timex FDD 3. Upgrades memory to 4MB DRAM and up to 64kB EPROM.
Also has one vertical YABUS slot. With small horizontal board (called YABUS.BEND) an YAMOD can be installed parallely the top board. Even two of them if they are thin enough. (There's around 13mm for each board, when some edgings of top case are removed.)
First project idea included build-in YAMOD.IDE8255. Was removed due to lack of free space. From the other side, using operating system like UZI requieres an periodical interrupt source. Such interrups can be generated by YAMOD.ATBUS, so there's no sense to install two IDE interfaces. The YAMOD.IDE8255 can be used also - in this case only CP/M and ZXVGS will work.
This upgrade can be used also inside Timex FDD 3000 with
small main board (like in Timex FDD 3). This also allows
more YAMOD interfaces to be connected inside.
Upgrade allows to connect hard disk and run operating systems as UZI, also run software for Z88. See details concerning YABUS.TF.
Files for download
- fdd3up-2.jpg 451.6kB (2010-06-16 10:12)
- Timex FDD 3 upgraded to 128kB PEROM and 128kB SRAM with slot for YAMOD.IDE8255 - bottom view. SRAM soldered at bottom side, also the .+5V/±12V converter.
- fdd3up-1.jpg 400.5kB (2010-06-16 10:12)
- Timex FDD 3 upgraded to 128kB PEROM and 128kB SRAM with slot for YAMOD.IDE8255 - top view. PEROM with FlashD0 board, 74LS670 memory switching, FDD slot, PAL removed due to failuere.
- ytf3008s.png 91.0kB (2004-10-27 14:19)
- Schematics v008. Picture from Eagle.
- ytf3007.jpg 69.9kB (2004-10-15 01:19)
- Timex FDD 3 upgraded with YABUS.TF3.
- tf3-007.zip 78.8kB (2004-06-14 13:44)
- Eagle data files v007. Prototype with some bugs.
- ytf3006b.png 50.3kB (2004-06-14 12:38)
- Board v006, picutre from Eagle.
- YABUS - universal 8-bit magistral
- Description and documentation for YABUS slots and YAMOD modules.
- Two YABUS slots for Timex FDD 3000 with memory extension (4MB RAM).
- YAMOD.ATBUS 8bit IDE
- The fastest 8bit universal IDE multiplexer for YABUS. Includes RTC type DS 1287, DS 12887 or MC 146818.
- Quite fast IDE multiplexer made from 8255 PIO.
- Timex FDD emulation - YTF
- Timex FDD emulation based on Warajevo 2.51, includes YABUS.TF upgrade and IDE interfaces. Requires PC @ 100MHz.
- CPM22QED YTF
- CP/M 2.2 compatibile system for Timex FDD with YABUS.TF(3) upgrade. Supports YAMOD.IDE8255 and YAMOD.IDE8255.