Timex Sinclair 2068
Differences of Timex Sinclair 2068 to Timex Computer 2068:
- Smaller cartridge slot hight.
- Faster clock - 14.112MHz to 14MHz.
- Other pinout of SCLD (ULA).
- NTSC video output.
- 15V power supply to 9V.
- Home cartridge not allowed.
- Edge bus compatibile to ZX81 and far from TC2068 one.
- IOA5 (from AY) available on edge slot (for BEU).
- Internal line driver (amplifier) on address lines.
- No /IORQGE nor /ROMCS lines on edge slot.
- Screened case.
The Z80CPU clock in Timex Sinclair 2068 is 3.528MHz, not 3.58MHz as written on many places.
It is a small interface that converts (the ZX81 compatibile) edge slot of Timex Sinclair 2068 into ZX Spectrum compatibile one. The compatibility isn't 100% perfect: Timex Sinclair 2068 doesn't have a signal to disable internal ports (like /IORQGE in ZX Spectrum).
Twister Board allows to connect most of ZX Spectrum interfaces, including the Timex Interface M-397 (for Timex FDD).
Files for download
- twister2.jpg 27.8kB (2003-03-03 13:00)
- Twister Board mounted, top view.
- twister1.jpg 24.0kB (2003-03-02 02:34)
- Twister Board top view.
- ts2068tm.pdf 2747.0kB (1998-05-13 11:05)
- Timex Sinclair 2068 Technical Manual.
Links to other pages
- Timex Sinclair Showcase by Jack Boatwright.
- Discussion group in America.
- Unofficial Timex Sinclair 2068 Site.
- Timex Computer 2068
- Timex Computer 2068.
- Unipolbrit Komputer 2086
- Unipolbrit Komputer 2086. Polish version of Timex Computer 2068.
- BEU - Timex Bus Expansion Unit
- Never released expansion for Timex Sinclair 2068 (kind of Plug&Play). Articles by Wes Brzozowski -- analysis how the BEU would work if were finished, from scatterd informations.